Excellence Academy Charter School for the Performing Arts is seeking Proposals from qualified providers of maintenance services to provide Facility Maintenance Services, and Grounds Maintenance Services for all buildings in the Excellence Complex at 811 Washington Street for the 2015-16 school year. The purpose of issuing this Request for Proposals is to assist the School District in determining whether it can meaningfully reduce the costs of maintenance services.
The Excellence School Board will select the Proposal, if any, which it determines best meets the needs of the school.
Proposal fees should include the following:
To Perform Corrective Maintenance services as requested by the school to maintain all the School Facilities in accordance with industry standards, in a safe operating condition. This will be done through planned or unplanned maintenance activity designed to repair/replace an entire component of the equipment/systems, and return the equipment/systems to its normal operating condition, if said component of the equipment/systems has failed or is not operating properly. The school shall be responsible for the costs for all parts for such Corrective Maintenance. If requested, the Contractor will provide the labor for such Corrective Maintenance at no additional charge.
The successful proposer will not be an employee of the school, but will be an independent contractor.
The proposer selected will:
• Be responsible for maintaining and servicing the facilities.
• Perform all aspects of the Facility Maintenance Services utilizing licensed or skilled tradespersons and obtain all permits as required by, and in accordance with, all applicable laws.
• Be responsible for: the selection, evaluation, training, compensation and retention of employees, including all labor, supervision and management necessary to maintain the Facilities in accordance with this RFP and the Contract.
• Utilize the School’s “Work Order System” to receive and assign “Work Orders” and Preventative Maintenance activities for the School District’s Facilities in cooperation with the school’s designated maintenance staff member.No Preventative Maintenance shall be performed without a Work Order unless in case of an emergency approved by School School’s Designee.
• Comply with all federal, state and local school safety rules, including providing personnel whose personal history does not place students in reasonable risk of danger or whose criminal history violates any state law.
• Provide the annual cost for providing the service to the school.
• Provide assurances that the vender has or can provide adequate liability insurance of no less than $1 million.
Please send all proposals to:
Excellence Academy Charter School
811 Washington Street
Monroe, La. 71201
All proposals should be received by May 16, 2015